"If you look into the past of a successful painter you will find square miles of canvas"
-Charles Hawthorne

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The challenge....One year later!

It has been a year since I started my 100 painting variation challenge. I actually finished my last painting months ago and hung them all on my studio wall. It was probably one of the best things I have done to improve my paintings. I learned many things from the challenge but most importantly it reinforced my attitude that no painting is precious...it is only paper and painting should be fun! Yes it is important to know the basics and to study and practice but it is also important to approach a painting with joy and confidence! So now I am ready to take on a new challenge (details to follow) but I need to make room on my studio wall for the new challenge paintings. I will be offering these 100 paintings for sale through my Ebay store. They will be $50 each with free shipping. I will be listing 10 new paintings each week. If you would like to take a closer look at this weeks offerings, here is the Ebay Link.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, love the information you share with us all...just got your post on the best advice, so agree with you! Thanks for all the great art, info, and advice, it's really inspiring & helpful. Looking forward to your next post. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melanie! I am so glad you enjoy my blog. I hope you will continue to visit often!!
    I appreciate your kind words!

    ReplyDelete