"If you look into the past of a successful painter you will find square miles of canvas"
-Charles Hawthorne

Friday, October 30, 2009

Variation #40 A Rainy Day

'Farm View #40' 5x7 pastel
I am really enjoying the 100 variations challenge. If I could, I would work on them all day long. I have been painitng every day for the last four years but this is different. Never have I felt more excited and energized about painting. Anything and everything goes and I am getting more and more experimental. I am thinking about putting the paintings in a dedicated blog so I can document the techniques I use for each one. I think it will be fun and instructional to see them all together. For this variation I recycled a used pastelbord by brushing on a coat of pumice/gesso mix tinted burgandy. I used fixative in between layers, which I brushed in for additional texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment