"If you look into the past of a successful painter you will find square miles of canvas"
-Charles Hawthorne

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

An Interesting Sky...landscape painting

'Variation #59' 5x7 pastel
I am back from a wonderful week painting on the South Carolina coast. I attended a mentoring workshop with Stan Sperlak on Kiawah Island and it was so much fun. I got some painting done but had to put my challenge on hold for the week. Today's post is from before I left. I was experimenting with making the sky more interesting. I did paint a new one today but I won't get back up to speed until after the weekend. I am teaching two workshops this weekend so I am busy doing final preparations. While I was away I thought of some ideas for my next challenge so this blog will be staying quite active! Thanks for visiting. If you are interested in seeing more of my work check out my daily painting blog at www.kemstudios.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment